Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Assignment #25 :Amy's childhood Top Ten


Miss Pollock asked us to reflect on our childhood so here are my top ten favorite childhood items or memories!

#10. Barbies!

Who wouldn't love to play with barbies when they were younger?! They were my favorite doll and I played with them EVERYDAY. For people who may not know what barbies are, They are this 11.5 inch tall dolls that you could change their clothes and do their hair too. I loved them, because they were what I wanted to be when i grew up (well...its kind of impossible but I what's what I thought back then) Barbies are somewhat still important to me because I want to go as one next year with Tara for Halloween.

#9. Pokemon!




When I was about 3, Me and Evan used to watch Pokemon everyday when he came home from school and we collected cards and we traded them and we thought they were the coolest thing ever! Pokemon is a Japanese show about these creatures which are called Pokemon and they could battle and stuff like that and you capture then in a pokeball which looks like the logo above^^
I used to love this, because Its was one of the few things that me and Evan were both interested in. This is still important to me, because I still have some of my Pokemon cards from a long time ago and they bring back so many memories.

#8.  Smileys!



All day everyday. I ate these ALL the time! I thought they were so good (which they were-but; not for my health) Anyways, I loved them because they were such a happy food (literally) They were special to me because I ate them everyday when i got home from school. They aren't still special to me,because my mom realized that they were very unhealthy and she stopped buying them for me :(

#7. Where the wild things are!



Who wouldn't love this book^ It's a classic, and I'm sure everyone has read it once in their life. This is a book about a boy who always gets in trouble and sent to his room, and then he was imagining that he has his own world that he could escape to, and  that's where "the wild things" live. I loved it, because I could relate to the kid when he was always sent to his room and then he would imagine places he would rather be.  This book is still special to m because no matter how old I get, I will always love this book!

#6. The big comfy couch!



When I was little I used to watch this show Everyday when I came home from kindergarten! I thought it was the best show ever! I even got the molly doll. It was this show about a clown and her doll that hung out on a big comfy couch :D I loved it, because back then I thought it was funny and I used to do the clock stretch on my living room floor! It isn't really special to me anymore, because as I got older they replaced Loonet and I was upset about that, because it just wasn't the same :/.


#5. The giving tree!









I absolutely LOVE this book! It's about a little boy who always came back to a tree when then he needed something, and he always took every little thing she had left and she still loved him no matter what <3. I loved this, because it was a cute story and it never gets old. This story will always be special to me because it has a lot of meaning in it and it's a cute story about friendship.

#4. How The Grinch Stole Christmas!
 
This was my favorite Christmas story. Ever. This was a story about a Grinch (what ever kind of species that is...) and he hated Christmas so he wanted to sabotage it by stealing all the gifts; but as it gets to the end of the book, he realizes that Christmas isn't about how much you spend on it. I loved it, because it had a lot of rhymes and i liked that. This is still important to me, because every Christmas I try to watch the movie and I occasionally still read the book.

#3. Curious George!





Isn't he cute?! This isn't the Curious George I remember but it's still him :P . He had the the most random stories; and i enjoyed every bit of it. I loved this because I thought it would have even so cool to have a pet monkey that lived with you and acted like it was your child. This is still special to me because a couple years ago a new movie came out and I loved it! Even though you might think I'm too old to watch a kid movie I'm not :) 

 #2. Gran Turismo!!!










This game was my life. well... i had other things to do but this game was my favorite to play with Evan on our PS2. I loved it, because it was easy for me to understand at a very young age; all u basically have to know is : go fast, and don't crash ;P. This game isn't that special to me anymore because I haven't played in a really long time so I don't think I'll remember any of the controls.

#1. Child's play!!






watch this movie any day!


That concludes my childhood top ten! Hope you enjoyed :)

No comments: